Probably the least sexiest part of planning a trip is deciding if you need travel insurance and if so, which one you should get.
There are a million and one different options for travel insurance. And it can become a little overwhelming in deciding which one is the best for you.
My two top solid picks for travel insurance are:
- World Nomads: Best for adventure travel & long-term travel. You can insure trips up to 180 days & it can be extended mid-trip
- Travel Insurance Master: Best to compare multiple plans. An easy-to-use algorithm that recommends the best insurance and value for your unique trip needs.
💡 Some things to think about before deciding if you need insurance would be:
- Does your current insurance cover a percentage of the hospital bill if you travel abroad?
- Do you need to supplement with travel insurance?
- What is the healthcare system like in the country you are traveling to?
- Does your credit card provide any insurance?
🌍 Travel insurance can cover your trip if anything were to happen before your vacation and if you needed to cancel. Also, some cover trip delays, baggage delays, baggage loss, and missed connections. As we all know, delayed flights have been happening more frequently lately due to staff shortages at airports.
If you want some ☮️ peace of mind while traveling abroad this year, check out your best options for travel insurance with: